How can I maintain lacquer ware properly?
Lacquer ware is easy to maintain. Wash it quickly in warm water. Do not leave it to soak in hot water for a long time. Detergents may be used.
How can I remove smells from lacquer ware?
An effective way is to leave the lacquer ware in a well-ventilated room away from direct sunlight for one to three weeks.
What are the weaknesses of lacquer ware?
- Strong ultra-violet rays are bad for lacquer. Please avoid long-term storage outdoors or in direct sunlight.
- Unless washed off immediately, alcohol spillages may cause the lacquer ware to become discolored.
- Do not use lacquer ware in a microwave. Electromagnetic waves will cause the lacquer ware to burn.
- Dishwashers, dryers and other equipment that use hot water or hot air should be used with caution.
- Lacquer ware burns if it comes into contact with fire. Although it is a relatively strong material, lacquer ware will burn in extreme heat.
How should I store lacquer ware?
- Lacquer ware that is used regularly should be stored in a cupboard.
- Lacquer ware can be placed on top of other lacquer ware.
- Lacquer ware that is not used frequently should be placed in a box and stored in a location that does not become dry. The shape of lacquered wood may change (becoming bent or curved) or it may break if it becomes too dry. Lacquer ware that is not used regularly should be placed in a box and stored in a northern location that does not become dry.